Saturday, January 29, 2011

Thinking About My 2 Boys

There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about Gunner.  Looking at babies that were born around the same time reminds me of the things Gunner would or should be doing.  Jealousy isn't something that I would characterize it with, just HARD.  The wonder about how he would smell, look, and act like all come to mind.  Even the crazy thoughts "I bet Joy would watch over him" or  "Rudy would have loved to play with him"........btw Joy and Rudy are our dogs.  I wonder.....what kinds of things he would've liked?, what kind of 1st birthday party would he have had?, what kind of cake would he have had?  With thoughts of Gunner, it's the "What would've happened".

With Baby Boy #2 it's the thoughts of wonder.  We aren't dwelling on that fact that we may face all the obstacles we have in the last year all over again...thinking more along the lines of anticipation.  Will he have Michele's feistiness or my quiet nature?  Who's hair, skin, smile will he have?  Will he be a sports fanatic or book worm?  All of it is neat to wonder about, but NONE of the above matters at all...we just want a healthy boy that we can bring home.  Michele says that he already has one of my traits, a true night owl.  I wonder if she can handle having another one in the house, hahaha.  I'm sure she'll welcome that with open arms.

I guess I'll end my continuous thoughts for the day and leave it at this?  What similarities/differences do the 2 brothers have?  Both ultrasounds were taken about the same gestational time.


Gunner





Baby Boy #2

2 comments:

  1. How exciting! You will be surprised by the changes that happen. Some days you'll think he acts or looks like you and others like Michele. You guys are already amazing parents. Can't wait to meet him! Any names picked out yet? : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing your thoughts Ronn! Poor Michele with another Night Owl Varney in the family!! She better rest up now!

    The ultrasounds do look very similar, however, their top lips are a little different. They both are and will be beautiful! I can't wait to watch him grow!

    ReplyDelete